Disney World Weather
Disney World weather can be wonderful or kind of tough on you. Since you're planning your vacation, you want to know what kind of Disney World weather to expect.
Of course, the weather you like may be hot or chilly or somewhere in between. Let's find the Disney World weather that's best for you!
Disney World Weather Overview
Walt Disney World is in Central Florida, about 45 miles from the Atlantic coast. Because of that, it doesn't get cooling sea breezes. In summer it's pretty humid, too.
If this is your first time to go on your all inclusive Florida holidays, you have to remember that one thing you can't predict is the weather, but here are some general rules what to expect. Let's go by month. All temperatures are in Fahrenheit.
- January is usually pretty nice. Days tend to be cooler, in the 60's to low 70's, although they can dip into the 40's and 50's sometimes for the high. Nights are chilly for the most part, somewhere in the 40's or low 50's. If you plan to visit Disney this month, bring a jacket (or you may need to buy one). Skies tend to be sunny and it can also be pretty breezy.
- February is roughly the same as January, although the days are usually upper 60's to low 70's. Mostly sunny and can be breezy.
- March is nice too. The temperatures are creeping up, in the 70's with an occasional day in the upper 60's or low 80's. Mostly sunny with the rare passing shower. Nights mostly in the upper 50's to low 60's. You may still need a windbreaker or sweater in the early part of the month.
- April starts warming up more. Expect daytime temps in the upper 70's and low 80's with partly cloudy skies. Nights can still dip into the 50's, but mostly low 60's.
- May is the start of the warmer, wetter Disney World weather. Expect days in the 80's with partly cloudy skies. some passing showers and the occasional downpour. Most don't last long, but it does make it humid. Nights are in the upper 60's.
- June is hot and humid. Temperatures in the upper 80's to mid 90's, humidity running about the same. If your vacation is more than two days, you will probably see a shower, possibly a thundershower. Most don't last long, but it raises the humidity.
- July is hotter than June. Temperatures in the 90's and the same for humidity. Expect rain on any given day, though it generally doesn't last more than an hour or two. The rain, if it's less than 30 minutes, will burn off in steam when the sun comes out again.
- August is about like July. There is a very slight risk of a tropical storm or hurricane towards the end of August.
- September is still hot, with days in the 80's to 90's. It does cool off towards the end of the month, though, with weather in the low to mid 80's and partly cloudy skies. A slight risk of a tropical storm or hurricane.
- October is beautiful Disney World weather. Days in the mid to upper 70's with sometimes low 80's. The humidity has gone down, and showers are fewer. Nights start dipping into the lower 60's, which is refreshing.
- November starts being cooler at Disney World. Days in the 60's and 70's, nights in the 50's with the occasional 40's. Mostly sunny and starting to get breezy.
- December is also nice Disney World weather, with days between the upper 50's to upper 60's (and the occasional low 70's). Nights tend to get chilly, possibly down into the 20's or 30's, but mostly the 40's. Showers tend to be few and far between.
That's your Disney World weather in a nutshell!
Top of Disney World Weather page
Walt Disney World Tickets page
Walt Disney World Tips page
Have a Great Disney Vacation!
ADD TO YOUR SOCIAL BOOKMARKS:
My Favorite Weather and Season
My pick of the best weather on average is late October.
Usually the humidity has dropped and the days are sunny and mild.
You might get some chilly days that don't make it out of the 50's, but it's usually closer to the low 70's.
Great Florida weather, when you are walking around in it!
Save Money at Disney!
You can save bundles of cash on your next Disney World vacation! (And saving money is good, right?) Check out the Ultimate Savings Guide!