Disney Character Breakfast
I was surprised to see how popular the Disney character breakfast had become. I would have thought that dinner would be the most popular time. But I guess it makes sense -- why not let the children enjoy meeting the characters before they've had a whirlwind day at the parks?
And that goes for kids of all ages...including the over 30 set!
What to Expect at a Disney Character Breakfast?
From what I can gather, just about anything! But here's how it normally works.
You're seated at a table and then are either directed to a breakfast buffet or have a family-style breakfast served to your table.
The Disney characters will begin arriving one at a time, stopping at every table to pose for pictures and sign autographs. Normally there are at least four characters per breakfast, but that number can vary.
Although I have never personally been to a Disney character breakfast, I've been to the character lunches and dinners, and they are truly wonderful!
Where Are the Character Breakfasts Held?
The breakfasts are held all around the different parks and resorts, and different characters show up at each. Here's a list of the current character breakfast options, although it is very much subject to change.
- 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian resort. Here you can see Mary Poppins, Cinderella or characters from Alice in Wonderland. Buffet breakfast.
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, EPCOT. Think princesses! The possible characters include Ariel, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Jasmine. Family-style breakfast.
- Cape May Cafe, Beach Club resort. Goofy and friends, possibly including Minnie. Breakfast buffet.
- Chef Mickey's, Contemorary resort. As you might guess by the name, Mr. Mouse himself usually makes an appearance, along with assorted other friends. Breakfast buffet.
- Cinderella's Royal Table -- Dream Dining, Magic Kingdom. It's a dream come true for just about any little girl, held in Cinderella's Castle. Cinderella and the Royal Family appear at this all-you-care-to-eat breakfast. Word of warning -- this is easily the most popular and most expensive Disney character breakfast.
- The Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom. Winnie the Pooh and his pals appear here. Breakfast buffet.
- Gulliver's, Swan resort. Goofy and company tend to show up here. Breakfast buffet.
- Hollywood & Vine, MGM Studios. Start your day with characters from Little Einsteins and Jo Jo's Circus. Breakfast buffet.
- 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, Polynesian resort. One guess as to who the characters are. If you guessed Lilo and Stitch you're correct! Family-style breakfast.
- Restrauntosaurous, Animal Kingdom. Here's where you can find Donald Duck and his buddies. Breakfast buffet.
Whatever You Do -- Make Reservations!
There's nothing worse than telling the kids (young or old) that you'll do a Disney character breakfast and then not be able to do it because you forgot the reservations.
I'm not kidding -- make them as far in advance as possible. I recently tried to book one and even 3 months out it was full. Not to say that you might not get lucky, but if you have your heart set on one, especially in the Magic Kingdom -- call to book it now!
You can book a Disney Character breakfast reservation up to six months in advance by calling 1-407-WDW-DINE. And just so you know: a few of the most popular Disney character breakfast meals may require a deposit, although most do not.
Top of Disney Character Breakfast page
Disney Character Dining Plan page
Main Disney Dining page
Have a Great Disney Vacation!
ADD TO YOUR SOCIAL BOOKMARKS:
Make Reservations for a Disney Character Breakfast...Well in Advance!
If possible, make your reservation for a character breakfast at the same time you book your Disney vacation.
I know I've mentioned it several times, but character dining in general (and somehow breakfast in particular) is very popular.
Don't disappoint the little ones!
Save Money at Disney!
You can save bundles of cash on your next Disney World vacation! (And saving money is good, right?) Check out the Ultimate Savings Guide!